Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sometimes I Just Don't Write

My normal MO is to not post anything when everything's gone to sh-t. Fortunately that's not the case over the few days of no writing. Just no time or energy to write.

Here's a stream of consciousness summary:

Good news: Love our new car. Bad news: it was due for its 15,000 maintenance. Wife took it to Mercedes dealership today -- $500 for service and $200 more for a new key since guy we bought it from only had one to give us. Not wholly unexpected, but still ... grrrr.

Good news: I found in a box in our garage a hometown newspaper from May 1968. In it was an article that my dad wrote about my track exploits at a decathlon in high school. Those of you that have known me long, know that I wrote a short story about that meet and in that story I allude to the article. I thought it was long gone, and yet this week here it is ... in newsprint that's 40+ years old and still readable. Bad news: I scanned it, but can't figure out how to get it into the blog to make it readable.

Good news: I booked tickets to fly to Columbus to see my darlin' daughter be Lady M in MacBeth. It'll be my first chance to see their new house. Bad news: Ohio in February -- nuff sed.

Good news: Job's going good. Lots to do. Interesting stuff. Bad news: I'm spending all I'm making and a lot more besides.

Good news: Good news. Bad news: Less than good news.

No comments: