Sunday, June 15, 2008

New Job in Houston

After weeks of wondering whether my company was trying to get rid of me, I received word today that I've been accepted for a position in Houston, Texas, USofA. Timing of the actual move is a bit uncertain still, but seems to be sooner rather than later -- which potentially will agravate my current boss, but there you go.

I'll be leading a group of 5-10 people figuring out how to manage the information that traders use in buying and selling crude oil and refined products. I've never been in that line of the business before and I'm looking forward to it.

I just got back from a Father's Day dinner with my wife. We filled up a couple pages of a notebook on things we have to start thinking about. It would be slightly easier, but we have a previously scheduled holiday trip back to the US scheduled already. It's going to be an "interesting" next few weeks.

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

Great news!!! Congratulations and huzzah!