Saturday, January 3, 2009

Survey: What Carpet Should We Get

Having had a difficult time choosing family room furniture, we finally landed on a leather sofa and two swivel arm chairs. Here are a couple not very good snapshots to give you an idea:





















We're going to use our ancient, but still servicable, end table and coffee table. Here's the best picture I could muster of our family room in which the new furniture will go.


With the tile floor, we obviously want a carpet to pull the room together. As usual, we can't agree. So, dear friends, family and other parties, I'd be interested in any comment you'd like to make about each of the following:




1. Start with the picture of the sofa and chair above. The carpet on the floor is one that the designer chose. We felt it was a bit too light color and drab given the neutral colors in the room.

2. This is the one Wife has her heart set on. Yes, the colors look different in each picture. Sorry. Good news: it's the least expensive:









3. One I particularly like.























4. Another I particularly like.























5. And yet another I particularly like.









Pretend they all cost the same. Which do you like the best?













P.S., I didn't show you the $10,000 all silk one that I REALLY like, but would only be able to afford 1/4th of.

2 comments:

Danielle Filas said...

I like #s 1 (lara's) and #5. But you know the saying... Happy wife- happy life :)

And no, as a wife I am not necessarily biased. Much.

They're all gorgeous!

Deborah Gilbert said...

I like #3 because the colors bring out the color of the furniture. But your daughter may be right about the happy wife thing.