Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bugging out ...

Us chickens is bugging out ...

Looks like the storm is coming to Houston and we can't see any reason to stay and welcome it.

I've booked reservations through Saturday night, checkout Sunday, at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio. The telephone number appears to be 1 210 224 1234, if you need to catch us there. I have my mobile with me too.

It's about a 3 hour drive under normal conditions from Houston to San Antonio. They're outside the storm watch area because it looks like Ike is heading north after making landfall near Galveston.

They're evacuating the coastal areas. Houston (Harris County) residents are being told to "shelter in place" and to lay in supplies of food and water to last five days. People who stay can expect electricity to be out. I'm thinking, "No thanks." We had water in the hallway outside our apartment after just a thunderstorm. I've got no desire to sit in this cramped little place with no airconditioning for four days, so we're loading the car and heading out in a couple hours.

I'm expecting to have internet access from the hotel, so we'll make another post here after we arrive and get settled.

Wish us luck.

No comments: